Granted: it has been a while since the last Music Monday. One of the artists I have been getting into since then is Lorde. Another name some may recognize is Pentatonix; I have known about them for a while – anyone remember “Evolution of Music”? – but I have been getting more and more into them lately.
Then I came across this one:
Yup. Definitely the track of the hour.
And yes, they say that they are going on a European tour – bud sadly, I learned about this too late to be able to afford a ticket for any of their shows. This is, among other things, explained by the fact that they don’t come by Scandinavia, and as much as I would love to go attend the show in London on May 14th (followed by “Much Ado About Nothing” at Shakespeare’s Globe on May 15th), I simply can’t afford to pay for entrance AND train + plane tickets (Aarhus > Copenhagen > London and return), accommodation, and extra food expenses (I don’t expect to eat many meals at my regular budget rate when being two days in London). So to all of you who do have tickets to go see them: please enjoy for all of us!
As for the most played tracks right now: my phone and my computer won’t play together, so the plays aren’t syncronized. My phone doesn’t have a list of mostly played tracks, but according to my computer, the top 5 played tracks on it are:
1. “Free Your Mind” by En Vogue (watch on YouTube or listen on Spotify)
2. “Desire” by En Vogue (listen on YouTube or on Spotify)
3. “R U Ready” by The Artful Dodger (listen on YouTube or on Spotify)
4. “My Lovin'(You’re Never Gonna Get It)” by En Vogue (watch on YouTube or listen on Spotify)
5. “Whistling low/Errigal” by Davy Spillane and Dónal Lunny (which is neither on YouTube nor on Spotify, but you can hear 30 seconds of it on AllMusic’s website. It is on the album “Common Ground: Voices Of Modern Irish Music”.)
What’s your jam at the moment, or what do you listen to the most? Do you have any favorite covers?